Thursday, November 13, 2008

Headlamps are the COOLEST!!


And, I totally have one. Yeah, I pretty much look like the dork in the picture except my head isn't shaved. Are you jealous? (lol)

Well, you should be. It's an Energizer brand, and it's got a red light, and 3, that's right, 3 different LED functions. It's equipped with an adjustable head strap and padding under the light for my forehead comfort. You can also adjust the angle of the light. It's perfect for those times when you get to the movies late and need to look for a seat. (Picture me walking in wearing a headlamp saying, "Excuse me, are these seats taken?" (hehehehe))

But, in all seriousness, I really do have a headlamp. Now, what on Earth would I need a headlamp for? Well, I have been running on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with some other ladies from the ward. We go at 5:30 AM, so it's still pretty dang dark outside. We have so much fun. Sure it's early, and I kinda feel like a crazy person wearing a headlamp, but it really does help. I really enjoy running, and it's been great to go with other people and chit chat on the way. Yesterday, we ran about 5.1 miles and it felt great. It's a little cold when you first start out, but by the end you're cookin'. Monday morning, it was drizzling a little and I wore a bright yellow rain-type jacket of Greg's. Not only was it big on me, but I looked quite conspicuous. Greg told me I looked like I was wearing a fishing jacket. I felt a little like the bad guy in "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

So, if you ever want to go running on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday morning, just come on over to my neighborhood at 5:30 AM. Then, you could see me wearing my headlamp. Or, if I'm feeling particularly cheeky one day, maybe I'll wear it to Wal-Mart. ;)

8 comments:

Danielle said...

THat has got to be a great sight to see. If I was closer I would so join you. Although I would certainly be left in the dust. I can't run more than a mile.

Bree said...

Jay totally has a head lamp and we all love it and sport it around the house sometimes. I would have rather enjoyed seeing you in the creepy rain jacket. Good times. You are a running fool.

kari said...

Good job on running. I have been running on my treadmill but all my bones and different body parts hurt now. I just laugh at the thought of you wearing that into a Wal- Mart You are funny.

Mandee said...

Sounds sort of child molester-ish:) If you were a guy wearing those items getting out of a white van (no windows, of course) I would run the other way! Just don't get injured, we need you for Ragnar.

Matt and Kathryn said...

Ok.. So this post ALMOST has me convinced that it is a good idea to get up at the crack of dawn and go running with the ward girls!.. Mostly just to see you in your head lamp and bright yellow jacket! ha ha.. Maybe one of these mornings I will wander out into the street and join you.. I might stick to walking though!

Ruth said...

I hope I am not being a poo, but I thought about you all day on Abbey's birthday and have just now been able to check your blog. I have to tell you that anyone who was blessed enough to meet her should be thankful, I am! I can only speak from the child loosing a parent perspective but when my Mother died, a part of me did too. The pain is much less, the memories are sweet now and rarely do I think of the disease that took her. I always think of her on special days and difficult days. I think that you are probably the same with Abbey. Celebrate her special life whenever it brings you comfort, even if it is until you join her again, her life is worth celebrating. I love you and Greg and she was so blessed to have you for her parents.

April said...

It is so good to hear from you guys. I miss you guys so much. I remember I would come over all the time and we would watch movies. poor greg would watch them too. You guys are so awesome. I would be who I am today If I didn't have you guys in my live then. PLEASE keep in touch. I miss you guys so much.

Jamie Hadlow said...

It is definitely a must-have Walmart accessory! I totally get why you would need one. I have started running at 5:30 AM just recently and can I tell you how many times I have tripped and almost fallen?! Plus, it looks so cool! I want to get a reflector vest too 'cause I am afraid of getting hit, but my hubby makes fun of me for it. I think you should wear the giant yellow coat and the headlamp every time you run:).