Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Season of Giving

I love Christmas. One of the things I love most about Christmas is the giving spirit. For the past couple years, our neighborhood has hosted a little get together for people to bring donations for Christmas. It's great because we can get all the neighbors together for some hot chocolate and donuts, and stand around fires as we come together for a good cause.

Last night, our neighborhood had our annual Christmas get-together. We had a great turn out! I'm so grateful to all the people who helped out with treats and donations. With everyone's help, we were able to gather a lot of needed items to donate to The Family Connection. Hopefully these items can really help some people out there who are in need.

Another thing I love about this time of year is the reminder that it is about how blessed we are. We are truly blessed, and Christmas time can really bring out the best in good people. I love hearing heartwarming stories of people helping other people. That's what it's all about.

I also love getting together with family and friends to celebrate the season. It's great going to parties with family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Savior. What a blessed time of year!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Natalie Murray said...

That is such a good idea I might have to bring it up to use for next year. We have a bunch of people in our neighborhood who have fire pits so that would be a great thing to do! Hope you have a great Christmas!

Bree said...

I totally miss this same thing about our old neighborhood. Maybe next year I will throw something like this together for my new one. Hats off to you for helping.

Matt and Kathryn said...

Last night was very fun! Even though my hair still smells like camp fire.. even though I washed it.. TWICE! ha ha.. but it is always very fun to get together!! :)

awindowsillview said...

Thanks for all you did to make that possible..I'm with Kathryn - I still smell like campfire and I think my fingers are still frozen:)
What an incredible neighborhood we have...everyone is so generous of their time and means.

Jamie Hadlow said...

What a great idea. Isn't it the best feeling to help those in need during the Christmas season. That's great that your neighborhood does that.

Mandee said...

What is it with that campfire smell?? I washed our coats after our neighborhood bonfire to NO avail. I wish that the post bath smell of kids lasted that long. Merry Christmas to you!!