Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lotoja 2008



Well, Greg and Chris rode in Lotoja again this year. They did great, although it wasn't without incident.
You see, about 10 miles into the 206-mile ride, some riders crashed in front of Greg, and he landed funny on his left arm. He called me and asked me to bring along the tool kit and some ibuprofen. I, being the mean person I am, was secretly hoping that someone besides Greg or Chris was the one who needed help. Well, unfortunately, the injured party was Greg. His left arm was swollen around the elbow, and he wasn't sure whether he'd broken it or not. However, after all the training, he decided to forge onward. Jenn and I hurried over to a pharmacy in Preston just as it opened, and I bought all the elbow support I could find. At the next stop, I put a tennis elbow strap on his arm, and off he went. Greg rode the rest of the 196 miles on an injured arm. What a trooper!
Greg and Chris finished the race in 12:40, which includes stop times. They did great!! Here are some pics:



Greg and his "baby"

Greg and Chris ready to race



On the road

Coming in for a food break

At the finish line!





3 comments:

Danielle said...

Way to go Greg!

Kara said...

That is awesome, he is a trooper with his hurt elbow. Good job!

Mandee said...

CONGRATS to Greg!(and Chris)! Here's hoping that next year doesn't land either one in the hospital again. You've seen enough of the Jackson Hole Hospital.