Friday, March 20, 2009

Just a few random thoughts

First off, I'm training for the Ogden half marathon. Training is going pretty well. I have some awesome ladies to run with, so the long runs are actually enjoyable because of the company. Last Saturday we ran 7.5 miles. We'll probably do that many or a little more tomorrow. I'm loving it!!

Hannah and Brooklyn are still not potty trained. :( They just don't seem interested, but I think one of these days we may just have to take the plunge and let them pee their pants until they finally get it. (hehehehe)

Greg was on the news the other night. A grand jury indicted a guy for mortgage fraud, and Greg has been involved in the investigation. Greg was standing in the background as the US Attorney was giving a press conference. He looked really serious and official. (But, in all actuality, he told me he was concentrating on not itching, touching, or picking his nose on camera. Good idea, Greg!) So, yeah, I live with a celebrity. Woo hoo!!

My girls make the BIGGEST messes in the world. I can't even believe the kind of damage they can do to the house in just a matter of a couple hours. Right now, I probably have a good hour of cleaning up toys. It's like we had a princess explosion!!

My tulips are poking up through the ground. I am super excited for Spring and for everything to start growing and blooming again. We will also be planting a few early veggies like beets (BLECH!), green beans, and possibly peas. My vegetable garden is one of my favorite things in the summer. I can hardly wait to start growing and sharing the veggies we grow.

I went shopping with the Grocery Guru and some friends this week. It was quite humorous watching 7 ladies and about 11 kids chasing the guy around the store as he shouted out what items we should be putting in our carts. People probably thought we were some sort of rogue polygamist sect. (LOL)

I am totally loving Easter candy right now. I figure that it's a good thing that I'm running right now. Actually, I'm Jonesing for some more right about now...

I watched a really crappy movie the other day. I rented "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas." Don't bother. It's not uplifting, and it has a really depressing ending. What a drag!

Dora destroyed Strawberry Shortcake's little dog today. Hopefully the girls won't notice that little Pupcake has disappeared. (LOL)

And, I love my family so much. I can't imagine what I would do without these lovely people in my life. They are the best!

1 comments:

Matt and Kathryn said...

Brandi you crack me up! Every time I read your blog I end up laughing! ha ha... But way to go doing the Ogden Half! I had no idea you were training for that! I really want to do it next year! I am finally really starting to enjoy running! Even though I still suck wind! But its fun!! :) Your girls are adorable.. I will come over and have them potty trained in no time ;) ha I wish! I hope you are having a great week!