Monday, May 12, 2008

Dammit!

Uhm, did I just say that? No, it was my beautiful daughter, Hannah. Oh, I'm not kidding. Now, I know what you're thinking: it's my fault because I must have said "dammit" in front of her on occasion. Okay, you caught me. (head hung down) However, I have really tried hard lately to NOT say anything like that around the girls because they are like sponges and will repeat ANYTHING these days. This is really quite funny when the "Expedia.com" commercials come on because at the end they sing, "Expedia. Dot com." My girls are usually singing, "Dot com." It's really quite darling, if I do say so myself. (lol)

So, most kids at the age of 2 don't like getting their diapers changed. I get that. Trying to crawl, wiggle, or roll away are all normal things a 2 year-old does during a routine diaper change. However, Hannah has taken it to a new level. When I open up her diaper, she repeatedly says, "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!" I try so hard not to laugh at her. The other day, I was changing her diaper at my mom's house, and Hannah said, "Dammit! I can't poop." I'm so ashamed of myself.

Speaking of singing songs, my girls have already figured out that "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the ABC song have the same tune. It took me YEARS to figure that one out. Just yesterday, I heard Hannah singing, "Twinkle, twinkle little star, next time won't you sing with me?" See, she's not saying expletives all the time.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Ok I don't think I figured out they were the same tune until a couple years ago. Duh!

Gotta love the things kids pick up. The best will be when she shouts it out during Sacrament Meeting.

Nicole said...

I seriously can't even imagine YOU saying "dammit", not the Brandi I knew at least!

Kara said...

LOL That is hilarious. I wish I could have been there when she said that. I bet your mom was dying.

Mandee said...

I thought this was funny when I saw her do it the other day! What a crack up. I'm surprised mine hasn't picked up any curse words yet. Jamie is such a swear head!! jk

Nicole said...

Your blog is way cute. I'm glad my kids arn't the only ones who pick up on our swear words. I'm still trying to figure out facebook, so I didn't realize you'd actually written something, sorry, I'm a little slow. Love the ladybug.

Jamie Hadlow said...

Isn't it crazy what little sponges kids are?! Unfortunately I forget all the time too. It's hard not to laugh though, I agree. If I don't watch myself things become a permanent part of Jax's vocab because he gets a laugh for them!

Nicole said...

Brandi,
I almost forgot to tell you, I'm doing a card swap over at my blog if your interested. I'm trying to get the word out, so if you know anyone else who might be interested let them know too.

twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle said...

Wow, What a bad example you are. I am so glad that my kids are perfect and never say bad things! Just Kidding, sometimes i wonder if Evan has some of my blood in him because i think that he lacks a filter just like i do!!