Friday, June 27, 2008

Syracuse 5K tomorrow!

Well, tomorrow I'm running my first 5K of the season. This week has been Syracuse Heritage Days. Tomorrow is the 5K and I'm really excited! I've been running quite a bit in the mornings with the girls in the jogging stroller, so I'm hoping that will make running on my own that much easier.

It's pretty funny. The girls like going for rides in the stroller while I run. I tell them we're going out and looking for birdies, doggies, and kitties. Somehow, they've added bunnies to the mix, but we have yet to see a bunny. (LOL) Half the time, the girls are sound asleep in the stroller when I get home. The other morning, they were actually leaning in toward each other sleeping. It was so sweet.

I actually think I will be needing some new running shoes very soon. The tread on my shoes is pretty worn down. So, I guess I'll be making a trip to Striders soon.

After the Syracuse 5K, I plan to run the Riverdale 5K next week on the 4th of July. It's become a bit of a tradition with us the past couple years, so it will be fun.

If anyone has any other races they're running, let me know and maybe I'll run with you! ;)

1 comments:

kari said...

You will not see me running but i will be at the riverdale events so I hope to see you around and if I se you running I will cheer you on!