I don't know whether I mentioned it before, but Greg got a new road bike this year. It's nicer and much lighter weight than his old road bike. However, since his old road bike is still in great condition, it has now been handed down to me.
Well, last week, Greg bought me some biking shoes. Now, you might be thinking that you don't need special shoes to bike, but you do if you want to use the clip on pedals. Greg has been biking with clips on his shoes for a couple years now. Clip shoes are the way to go with biking in order to get a more effective exercise for your legs and body. If this sounds confusing, here's the basic gyst: the bike pedals are metal and the bike shoes have a metal piece screwed in to the bottom of them. The metal piece on the bottom of the shoes "clips" on to the pedal. So, your feet are connected to the pedals while you're riding. It's a little intimidating, so I tried them out around our neighborhood a bit to practice getting in and out of the pedals.
Monday night, Greg and I went out to Antelope Island for my maiden voyage on my bike. We rode 16 miles, and I felt really good. It was nice riding through the wind, and hearing the buzz of the tires against the road as we pedaled. The ride went great. Then, we stopped at the exit of the park, and Greg decided to go back and put a few more miles in before we left. I clipped out of my left pedal and stepped onto the ground. Success!! Then, forgetting my right foot was still clipped in, I went to step down and fell straight over into the gravel. It was hilarious, so don't feel badly about laughing. (LOL) I was just happy that my first crash happened when I was at a standstill. I felt like a big dork, though, because a car was driving in to the park just as I fell. I'm sure I gave them a good chuckle!
La Playa Blanca
6 years ago


1 comments:
Chad and I just got some really cool road bikes. I use to just think that a bike was a bike but I can't believe the difference!! I just road 5 miles and thought that was good but if your doing 16 then I guess I have some work to do!!
Post a Comment