Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The girls' first movie!



Can you guess what movie it was? That's right. We took the girls to see "Horton Hears a Who." It was the first movie we have ever taken them to. It was a discount theater, so the tickets were only $2 each. We went with Jamie, Mandee, Avery and Haden. The girls had a good time. They were a little fidgety and noisy at times, but what kid that age isn't at the movies? They stayed in the theater the whole movie, which was just short of a miracle. But, we made it! Now that we know they can do it, we'll have to take them to see another movie soon. The new movie theater near where we live shows a 10 AM matinee for $1, so we'll have to take them to those sometimes.

Yesterday afternoon, the girls and I went over to Grandma and Grandpa Stuart's house to play in the kiddie pool and slip-n-slide. Miranda, Cameron, and Meghan were there. I think all the kids enjoyed playing outside in the water and sunshine. What a beautiful day it was. This weather may be hot, but with a little water, shade, and a cool drink, it's perfect. I want my kids to gain an appreciation for playing outside. I feel like kids these days don't play outside enough. I remember growing up that I loved playing outside, and would be outside all day and never wanted to go inside. I want my kids to be active and want to play outside a lot as well.

Tonight, we're taking the girls to my mom's work party at the Roy Aquatic Center. I'm excited to take the girls. They had a great time there last year, so I can only imagine what a blast they'll have this year. Plus, it's free, so that's just an added bonus. (Woo-hoo!)

2 comments:

Bree said...

It doesn't get better than free! We should totally take our kids to one of those matinees together. Heck I can splurge a buck!

Kara said...

Its always an adventure taking kids to the movies. Glad they were pretty good for you! Kambri struggled through Veggie Tales!