Friday, July 11, 2008

Riverdale 4th of July 5K

Well, Greg and I ran the Riverdale 5K again this year. This year, Greg ran it with me and he pushed the girls in the jogging stroller. My time in the Syracuse 5K was 30:13, so I really wanted to break the 30 minute mark for the Riverdale one.

Greg set his stopwatch so we would keep on pace. At first, his pace was killing me, but then I got into the groove. I ended up getting my personal best. I came in at 28:19! I was so excited!! Greg was a big help as he kept pushing me on. He's kind of like my drill sargeant. (lol)

After the 5K, we went to the Riverdale parade. Hannah and Brooklyn love parades. Well, I'm not sure whether it's the parades or the candy they really like. They work it, too. They'll wave and be all cute and charming to get some candy thrown their way. They already know how to get what they want. The hardest part is keeping them out of the road during the parade.

The night of the 3rd, we took the girls to the West Point fireworks. They absolutely loved it! At first, the noise was scaring Hannah a little because she would say, "Watch out!" The girls are getting pretty good at naming their colors correctly now, so they would yell out, "Red! Green! Blue! Yellow!" It was so cute. My favorite part is what they call fireworks, though. They call them "splashes." When they see the sparks, they say, "It's splashing." They think the fireworks look like they're splashing in the sky. Greg and I thought that was pretty clever. ;)

1 comments:

Mandee said...

That is pretty clever. I have always thought Greg would make a great drill srgt., however, I think he'd enjoy organizing his whistles more.