Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kids and singing

Oh, the joys! My girls absolutely LOVE to sing. Especially Brooklyn. No matter what song is playing on the radio, Brooklyn is always singing at least the last couple words to each line - with at least a 3 second delay, of course.

Hannah loves to sing, too. She is really good at leaving out most of the words, too. Is it laziness or just not knowing the words? Well, here are some examples:
ABC song: "ABDEFG. Next time won't you sing with me?" (lol)
Old MacDonald: "O' Don had farm. E-Yi-E-Yi-Yo." (and this is all mumbled together)
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star: This one is usually correct, but it's sung at about 3 times the speed it should be. Oh, this is also her "I'm going to hum this really fast because I'm mad at you" song.

Brooklyn sings the ABC song the same as Hannah. She enunciates a little better than Hannah, so Old MacDonald sounds a little better, too. I'd have to say one my favorite things they sing is "I Am a Child of God." My favorite part of their rendition is actually sung with the wrong words. They sing, "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me. Help me find the wake." (lol) This one cracks me up. It always makes me wonder if they think it's a surfer song. (hmmm)

Oh, and on a side note, I have been running a lot more lately. I really enjoy it. It's the one way that I'm literally running away from home, if even for only a short time, which is all I could stay away, really. Yesterday, Greg and I went for a 4 mile run. It felt really good, and it's the furthest I've run so far this season. I'll be running the Syracuse 5K on the 21 of June, which will be my first of the summer. I'm planning on doing some 5K's and maybe some 10K's this summer. If anyone wants to join me, just let me know. (Hint, hint, Mandee!) ;)

4 comments:

Kara said...

That is so cute, I love it when they pick of new songs. And of course their own words they add in.
Way to go on the running that is something I just haven't done yet:)

Danielle said...

Way to go on the running. Definitely not my forte. Great exercise though!

Bree said...

So you know that I love hearing your girls singing..especially when Hannah jumbles all the words. It is so cute!! I should probably try a little harder to teach London some kids' songs, so that she will know something besides Flo-Rida. BTW, she did add another song to her list today:'Shake it' by Metro Station (it's on my playlist, so you can check it there), anyway it's pretty dang cute. Maybe we can get together tomorrow and the girls can all sing together. I was thinking that we should make some treats or something...I would like those yummy Oreo ball bites...yum!

Mandee said...

OK OK. Remember when I was the one trying to get you to run? I will be getting back into it soon. I haven't figured out the post baby groove yet (although it has been 5 months). Maybe I can be ready for June 21st??