It's sad, but true. My girls are NOT into potty training right now. Brooklyn can stay dry for hours, but she has a hard time actually going. Hannah just pees and pees all day. (Sorry, TMI) The first day, I could get them to sit on the potty pretty well. By the second day, I was almost having to force them to sit. They were resisting going to sit on the potty, and I don't want to make them regress by forcing them to do it. Then, they would sit for about 20 seconds and tell me they were done. In two days, Hannah peed once on the potty. Brooklyn peed about 3 times, and she can hold it forever.
Anyway, I just don't think they're getting it, and I'm not so sure that they're ready right now. :( Plus, it was stressing me out so much I could hardly stand myself. I don't want to force them into it and cause issues later for them, so I guess I'll wait another week or so and try again.
Greg is borrowing a book from a co-worker about how to potty train your kid in 3 days. I will read it religiously and see if we can make it work for us. I can only hope and pray it can work for us.
I hope I'm doing the right thing. I'm really discouraged right now, and really disappointed in myself for not sticking with it, but I just don't think they're quite ready yet. :(
Somebody please hold me. (lol)



6 comments:
Boy, does your life sound familiar or what! The giggle thing is totally our house too, but even worse is the silence thing. When you all of a sudden stop and call the kids names and you hear frantic scuffling like they are trying to hide whatever it is they know they SHOULDN'T be doing.
Teresa gave me your site. I've been checking Abbey's forever for a new picture of the twins. They look great. I'm glad you are doing so well.
Hugs,
Kristin
http://www.inwesleysworld.blogspot.com
Sorry it has been a struggle. When they are ready it will be a piece of cake.
Oh Brandi, I too can sympathize with you. I have been "potty training" JB for the past month. He is pretty much potty trained when it comes to #1. But #2 is terrifying for him. We still have not mastered that one. So I just keep him in pull ups, I know alot of people are against them, but they work for me right now, because I know he's going to poop in them, but when he has to pee pee, he tells me, then we can just pull down the pull ups and then pull them back up when we're done, so I'm still saving a lot on diapers. I'm hoping to master #2 here in a few weeks. Just do what works for you!
I'm going to be joining the potty-training ranks soon. It's been a while - 5 years - since I last had to do it, but I remember that when he was ready it was really no big deal. I'm just looking for clues from Owen and hopefully it won't be too frustrating. Good luck! I hope you share the secret when you find it!
Sounds like so much fun! hehe... We were losers and didn't potty train Emma until she was 3.5 years old. Bad, isn't it? No one knew she was that old because she was so little, but she was interested about the time she was two years old, only I was so lazy that by the time I got interested, she was no longer interested.
I say keep your life stress free as much as possible. If they aren't ready yet, no reason to stress over it! They'll potty train one day soon enough;-)
Brandi, Brandi. I'm so sorry. I really think you will know when they are REALLY ready, and it won't be too bad. Personally, I think those books about potty training in a certain time frame are bogus, unless the kid is truly interested.
Post a Comment