Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A new crock pot makes all the difference.

So, I had had the same crock pot since we got married. I love using it, but the dang thing would cook everything to death. Everything turned out dry. (Think the turkey on Christmas Vacation) I kept asking people how they prepare different things in their slow cookers, realized that I did the same things, and decided that it must be my crock pot. So, about 3 weeks ago, we got me a new one at Kohl's. So far, everything I've made in it has turned out great, and nothing has been dry. Yay! I love cooking in the crock pot. Last night, I made a roast in it, and it was delish. Mmmmm.

Most mornings, Hannah and Brooklyn get up and want to watch a show. They'll say, "A show," and look at me with those innocent eyes, and I just can't resist turning on Noggin. This morning, Brooklyn comes up to me and says, "That show. That show." When she says that, she means "Toy Story 2." I asked her if she wanted to watch Toy Story, and she said, "Yeah."

Speaking of Toy Story, Disney/Pixar is set to release "Toy Story 3" on June 18, 2010. I'll have to keep my girls watching the first two so they'll be well prepared for the premiere of the third in two years.

Today, I'm getting my hair cut and colored. It's long overdue as I'm starting to look somewhat homeless. I can't wait! I love getting my hair done, mostly because it makes me feel good, but partly because I'm by myself for a little bit.

I can't believe my girls are going to be 2 this Saturday! Where has the time gone? :( We're going to have a party on Saturday with lunch, cake and ice cream. I think I'm going to make a big layer cake to look like a giant cupcake, then make some cupcakes to serve as well. I think their party "theme" this year will just be Valentine's Day or something cutesy like that. I'm sure they'll have a great birthday.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I love Birthday party's and I love cupcakes! I got their presents today I can't wait to see how excited they get, and just for a good time.

Mandee said...

I am so happy you've joined the blogging society! You've got some great ideas here:) Why is it that it took me 3 months to figure out all this stuff, and you did it in a couple blogs??? Keep up the good work!