Saturday, February 23, 2008

One FLU over the Stuart's nest



Awesome! Look at this picture. This is an electron micrograph picture of the Influenza A virus. Influenza is running rampant across Utah. And the Stuart's, trying to "keep up with the Joneses," so to speak, have decided to join the ranks of those infected. Yes, that's right. Poor little Brooklyn has been diagnosed with Influenza A. :( She's been coughing a little for a few days, then started with a fever yesterday afternoon. She ran one all last night and into today. Since I was a little concerned about her breathing, I took her in to the doctor. The nurse stuck the lovely swabs up Brooklyn's nose, and ran the tests for Influenza and RSV. Thankfully, she doesn't have RSV, too. We got her started on Tamiflu tonight, so hopefully her bout with the flu will be a short one. And, we're hoping that Hannah stays healthy. She doesn't act extremely miserable or anything, which could be due to the fact that she had a flu shot. So, hopefully she'll get over it more quickly.

Brooklyn was so cute in the night last night. Even though she didn't feel well, she was so sweet to me. I went in to check on her, and felt her head, which was burning up. She looked up and me, and in the sweetest little voice said, "Hi, Mommy." What a little angel. All the while, my darling Hannah was quietly snoring away. :)

So, the moral of the story is this: The flu is going around like crazy. I hope you all don't end up with those cool looking Influenza bugs inside you.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

I'm sorry that Hannah has the flu now as well. Poor little girls. Hopefully we will all be well again so we can hang out!

Nicole said...

I think this is the only time I have said it but I'm glad that I'm not in Utah right now!! The flu, being so prominent is the ONLY reason why I say that. We are all very healthy here in Oregon. It must be the clean air.