This morning, as I was making a gourmet breakfast (frozen waffles, toasted, of course), Hannah decided to stand up on her booster seat. I sternly said, "You need to sit down now!" She, of course, ignored me and continued standing there. All of a sudden, Brooklyn yells, "Sit down, clown!" I was laughing so hard! I can't imagine where she would have gotten that phrase. (Okay, maybe I've said it once or twice.) Boy, they sure catch every word we say these days.
So, speaking of clowns, I have a bit of coulraphobia. Coulraphobia is the fear of clowns. I believe that my fear of clowns can be traced back to the clown at the right. Do you recognize it? Yes, that's right. It's the clown from Poltergeist. Oh, I know you remember the part. You know, after the poltergeist came into their house and took the little girl away, and all the furniture was flying around her room. Then, her parents went into her room to search for her in all the rubble, and they were afraid she had been crushed by her bed. But, when they pulled back all the debris they found their daughter's clown doll. They were relieved that it wasn't their daughter under there. I was quite alarmed by the freaky deaky clown they found. I've never really liked clowns since.
Later today, my girls were playing and talking together. Brooklyn must have done something that Hannah didn't like because all of a sudden, I heard Hannah say, "Geez, Louise!" Again, I can't imagine where she would have picked that up. I just had to laugh.
The girls and I went to Mandee and Jamie's house today. Hannah, Brooklyn, and Avery had a fun time playing together. They were jumping on the trampoline in their basement and having a great time. Mandee and I couldn't stop laughing because the girls' hair was so full of static that it was sticking straight out. After playing so hard over there, my girls just crashed at bedtime. Thanks for the play date Mandee, Avery, and Haden.


2 comments:
I too have a fear of clowns. They are freaky deakyfor sure!!! I hate clowns because of the Stephen King movie "IT". Hanney and Brookers are hilarious. It totally doesn't surprise me that they said these things, because they always say silly things. I just love them.
Brandi-
I love your blog! It makes me laugh! Thanks for visiting mine. The pic of Hannah and Brooklyn asleep on the couch is just too cute! Aren't kids just the funniest? (most the time anyways)
Post a Comment