Okay, you all know what I'm talking about. And, I know, the Bluetooth isn't quite as conspicuous as the one pictured here, but you get the idea.
Bluetooths (or is it BlueTEETH?) are really starting to get on my nerves. I can see where they could be totally useful: in the car, while doing housework, or while working on your computer. However, people who have them don't need to wear them 24/7. I get so tired of seeing people walking around the mall or Wal-Mart wearing them, with no intention of actually using them. Are they really SO busy that it's inconvenient to take their phones out and flip them open to take a call in public? Plus, you can never tell whether these people wearing them are actually talking to you or to the little thing in their ear. And, it's getting harder and harder for me to laugh at the lone lady walking down the cereal aisle talking to herself because, when she turns around, she's wearing a Bluetooth. Is it a status symbol, or are these people just really important?
So, for those of us who don't own a Bluetooth, I have a solution. We can walk around like the guy pictured here:
And, for those of you who do have a Bluetooth, use it wisely. Otherwise, I'll be laughing at you in public. :)



5 comments:
I am totally laughing out loud to myself right now. That picture of the brotha with the elastic band bluetooth is hilarious!! I too think this bluetooth era has become a little riduculous. But I do have to confess that Jay has one that he wears ONLY in the car and this is just as a safety precaution for EVERYONE!! Jay is just watching out for himself and others..and he has never worn it in public because he thinks it's nerdy...as do I!! Thanks for ranting about the bluetooth nerds out there. I really think these people just want attention and were probably nerds throughout school so maybe having a bluetooth makes them feel better about themselves..whatever floats there boats!! And who came up with the name "Bluetooth"? Weird! No offense to anyone..pun intended! OK..I'm done now!
Total agree with ya on this one! The other day I was at the post office on 28th street and Washington Blvd.(pretty ghetto area) and this man is walking towards me carrying on a full conversation with his-self, using hand gestures and all. I thought "Wow, my first encounter with a real live crazy man!" I watched him for a while thoroughly enthralled, when I soon realized as he got closer that he was actually wearing the STUPID Bluetooth! All I can say to people is "use wisely" or others of us will mistake you for a psych ward escapee!!
Kudoos to previous comments. Have you seen the commercial with the lady using one of these unbeknownst to the other fast food goers? Pretty funny.
Thanks for the laugh! Nathaniel only wore his for actual conversations. But then it broke and the poor guy has to actually use his phone. I do have to say I too don't understand people keeping them on just in case they get a phone call.
Love the suggestion! How cool is that picture? I love the people who wear their bluetooth in the mall too! Seriously, they realize how funny it looks, right? Most the time they're not even talking on them, I guess they just keep them there just in case...:)
Post a Comment